Thursday, August 22, 2013

nothing left

how long can I run,
for running to roam.
how long can i remain,
quite in my head alone.
how long can I smile,
while cracking gives way. 
how long can I want,
when wanting to stay...

how far can I run,
to feel wind on my face.
how far can I remain,
still not quite fallen from grace.
how far can I smile,
with glass cuts on my face.
how far can I want,
to be free of this place.

how near can I run,
to be better with you.
how near can I remain,
fingers on paper like glue.
how near can i smile,
like other quick silver falls.
how near can I want
To lose faith in it all.

And in twilight and roses we dance and we play
In summers snowfall my tears melt away,
In song and in laughter I rest my tired head
and warm in the winter I crawl into your bed.

And In tea leaves and rubies I have paid for this day,
the day that I run,
the day I remain,
the day I can smile, not afarid of the shame.
The day that I wanted nothing more than to be true,
with tea leaves and rubies I paid for you. 


No comments: