Saturday, October 25, 2014

to faith, please grow.

here i sit in wonder
in my ever lasting years
will things be different...
will you grow in fear?
i want nothing more than you to be better than me,
that you can be whole,
that you can be free.
here i sit in wonder,
wondering when i lost my faith
when i left the things which securely made me safe...
here i wonder when
it will be for you...
that you question and reject the dreams of your youth.
when no more do you keep close
the toys which guard the night,
when no more do you dream of unicorns and bird like flight...
or will you like me, believe for some time
that magic is real
that dreams are divine?
I pray for the first time in a time long forgot
that you will be happy
that depression never fought
that you will be whole and complete and love through 
that wanting and needing be satisfied too.
here i sit in wonder,
and fear....
that you'll not know the day when you
can sit in wonder for your child the same way. 


No comments: