Saturday, January 05, 2013

do not say his name...

that you play the jester
dancing in word games delicately strung
hiding your form behind you.
that you duck and dodge reality
that tho it comes, you let it delay.
that you were everything anyone ever saw when they looked upon you
hidden and tucked away was truth.
that your cool coated outsides hid,
a pain which I could not take from you.
a pain that it was not my place to replace in joy.
that you lay there wounded
and no choice was given to me but to pass by...
that if only I knew the simple words to mend you.

That I could say,
be happy child of man, that life is to short
that time is not long
that nothing else matters,
be overjoyed that,
you exist, you are unique, you are wanted, you are beautiful.
as we all are, as only you are, as I see you to be.
that you play the jester,
I wonder if you learned this to keep your self safe.


No comments: