Tuesday, April 24, 2007

dandelion wars, and the mad hatter +

It comes now,

The Living Mettles

The Quick-Silver Madness

They sing to me.

Soft Loving Voices,

They whisper violent nothings in my ears.

They de-construct the world I have built.

They re-destroy the life I dreamed.

They un-create the hope of sanity.

It comes over me,

It creeps up my legs,

It wraps its finger around my thighs

It looks deep into my eyes

And it

SCREAMS

…return to the dandelion fields

…return to the battle

… Take up your sword and March or may, combatant.

And I the ever living,

The unending fool

Return.

Return to the blood covered fields of my youth

Return to the same mistakes I always make

Return to the ending I am never content in.

Return to the dream, of being able to dream up something better.

These long hard nights,

These empty beds

These void walls

I try to cover them in colors,

Fill them in pillows,

And shorten them in pills

But, they remain…

They remain and I remain

The victim of the quickest…

quick silver…

How many ink wells must I dip in blood

How many rubies will pay the costs of this?

How many fortunes?

How many ransoms?

How many robberies?

I can’t keep living as a thief,

Of time,

Of memories, of loves, and hates, and emotions in the vast general world where people feel something outside the numb.

I am incapable of being human anymore

Covered in the madness

Covered in the Quick-Silver

Covered in the past

... I am the voice

... I am the goddess

I am the sin,

And I am the one you pray to!

ON YOUR KNEES

She charges in on her black horse

She charges on the field

The beatnik butter cups

And the dandelion savages

The raving bluebells

And the troll sunflowers

The wild tiger lilies

And the last drop of morning dew

So many petals, flying falling

There is not end.

There is no other world

There is no heavens

There Is no choice….

I can not, not chose to be the champion.

No comments: