Thursday, October 10, 2013

Words from Howell

When is it going to be time?
in all the shallow places of my mind,
the colours and hues of though and bright colour fill me.
course and flow, ebb and hang on the meanings...
meanings of want and dis-want of place and misplace.
How many times will you collect what is due?
how far down can you pervert the very nature of this thing?
it is as if I was never a woman, and you were never a man.
and you whisper, my dear it becomes you.
mindless chatter proving apparent, I have never been whole in those eyes.
that the time is not coming...
that one truth from you will never be said
that the man I see hidden is so far hidden from him self that he....
he is a lie.
more of the same never changing.
fit and shoved into the shape you see in me
to be forever yours in waiting
that you will lead and I will follow
That I, like all others have only been a shadow to your mind.


Surreptitious intentions leaking out in ink lines
masked thoughts, layered in maybes ifs...
wonder if i should have crept deeper
into the last places your soul traced before i began this dance.
the temptress, the sinner, the woman not wanted.
capturing the zeitgeist of my enamoured age.
mnemonic secrets hidden, can you find them?
troughs for you of you laying
left with nothing more to bare
me unadulterated in my truth
ever the changing create, changed to be the image of glory.
torn wings still lifting flighted daydreams
but one word to yes, and crashing goes the dove
bound by my duty to not injure
by my want to nurture
by My need to indulge
seeking discourse, and leaking out ink lies.

No comments: