Sunday, November 12, 2017

Beautiful time

Sand so thick,
It could not fall from your fingers.
Sand so smooth,
Frictionless of time.
Each grain unique and glorious.
Whatever could I do with it if mine?

So Starstruck in,
So wonderlust
So Unknown Known dreams.
That time was beautiful and I touched him once.
That I floated on what seemed...
To be delusion of shared attraction.
To be wanting what I could not have.
Two magnets pulling closer...
When North and South find that they are illusions...
Whose hand will I hold and boast?
I could never have been the Sandman,
Thought I'd like to touch him the most.
I'd like to touch him with fingertips pure light...
Reached inside and start his heart....
Get the Sandman and The Hourglass,
Are forever far apart.
What beauty is there in his dreams?
The Sandman does he sleep to?
Does he dream of little girls...
Too scared to tell the truth?
Does he take them by the hand to sleep
Out the window into the night
Does it take them to the land of nod
For he is King and God out right.
Or does he pass pass each free window
Leaving trails of dust behind
Not knowing their names or faces
Not seeing them as their own kind...
He would never have seen her
So dark and drab and dim
Her dreams were not even dances
To dress up and invite in
The dreams were just nightmares
And the day will someday come
When she wakes without the sand dust
And Wanderlust has begun.

No comments: