Sunday, November 12, 2017

Worth its weight

Come lay now at my feet.
Are you tired child?
I can give you the rest you seek.
Come bring the knife,
Lay it in slow to my skin.
Light up my finger to my elbow.
Light up my elbow to my eye.
Take from me all that keeps me inside,
And pay for your sin in my pound of Flesh.

Come toss me to the pit.
Was I ever even here?
I was only ever what you desired me to be...
No Soul of my own...
No color you did not paint.
No ability to be me because me was not.
Use me me because I'm broken,
Break me because I cannot be fixed.
Beat my with love...
Tell me I'm beautiful
As you cover me in filth.

And I stand,
And I take
Because I am not.
I do not matter.
I am not made of anything but cobwebs and shadows.
So use me,
Because I am useless.
I do not deserve the quiet.
The screaming is all I can hear.

No comments: