Friday, September 21, 2012

dreams that will never come

To the woods with me,
come running and play my love.
Out under the trees rejoice with me.
Let me take up my fill of ecstasy in you.
Let me lay down upon my knees in worship.
Let me look up to find your body,
so built in desire
so constructed of needful flesh
so beautiful in its dark radiance.
Let you be the stars of my skin my love.
Let you shine in my night to keep me warm for the sun.
To the woods with me,
dancing and drunk in the sound of drums and laughter.
Take my hand in yours and next to me
fall deep into slumber.
Fall deeper into my dreams with me.
The taste of you.
The love of you, my love.
So much that we could rejoice in that night.
Our night, the only night we have ever had.
That for one day, I was yours whole...
That you claimed me under the light
That you had me under the moon.
That we played and made merry music.
That... we were free to love.
To the woods with me,
deep into the thicket of brambles and could-bes.
deep into the darker desire I feel. 
deep into the light you shed over me...
my love.
this one night and day, out under the trees.
Lay there with me,
that I can hold the memory forever...
That once you loved me so whole. 

No comments: