Tuesday, May 01, 2007

drei +

Stand before me,
Be a beautiful God amongst men.
Stand before me and be more than any of them.
speak words and shatter my heart
and i will kneel before you and worship.
i will come to temple,
because you are quiet
because you are proper,
because you are the one who stands behind in strength.
because your words are like silk,
and because you speak them smoothly.
stand before me,
command the world to stop
and i will create a device to make it so.
stand before me,
ask me to lead the dance or fall in line
and i will obey without question
come before me and be the place i sleep upon.
be the earth below me in that moment
i know i will shake,
i know i will be shy
i know i will cover that shyness,
that humbleness with cool streaming words and smiles
and stand behind me knowing in that moment my weakness
read between my lines,
i make them obvious.
what do you seek....
what sacrifice do you wish upon your alter
and in that place,
i will love you best.
i will love you more
i will,
because you are not a spoon.

No comments: