Sunday, May 20, 2007

spirit of the green isle.

it was there
as i creaked open the door
and its here now... tonight.
i remember the stained grout in the tile...
to this day i bet its still not white.
i remeber you, my love
stretched out on the ground...
oceans of pain below you
dead man floating in his own sea.
and that image...
will forever haunt me.
i was there
as you went limp forever
and I'm there in my heart right now.
i remeber the smell on the air
to this day i bet the sweet poison still lingers.
i remeber you, my brother
reaching out after it was to late...
and in your last moments
i saw the regret in your eyes.
and that image...
will forever haunt me.
i was there
as they rushed in and came over you
and i'm there again in my fear
i remeber the looks that they gave you
i bet those looks in them have met more still...
i remeber you, my friend....
dieing by your own hand
you had asked me to come over just hours earlier....
and I'll for ever wish i had.

No comments: