Saturday, July 21, 2012

it feels like

was it always the truth of things
covered up in shadow corners
tucked away ashamed of the fear of it all.
would it have been better to say nothing?
would it have been better to lie to my self?
I cant know now.
I never knew then
and one day it all poured out. 
I said, your eyes are the ones that see right through me
they see what Ive said since the beginning.
even when i never said it.
You always knew.
And you, know me in some strange way unlike others.
Tears strike me down,
and the shaking of my body humbles me in this thought.
What more than love can I give you?
what more than your sured happiness can I interrupt.
I am the goddess of all other universe and under you,
I crumble.
Under you, I lay a quiet dream that only now I can realize has been sleeping.

So played the boy and girl
to dance, and sing and be free
out in the fields of youth unstained by blood and badgers.
and still this fear cuts at me,
this fear of rejection even now
it burns me some place deep and quiet
some place under my flesh and past my bones.
some place i do no tread,
and you play there like a child unknowing.
I have nothing for you but these words.
Action outside of them still so unsure,
I love,
because I do so naturally.
Because you are beautiful in all your sin.
Because, I am my self with you like I never am.
Because, it feel like the right thing.
If only you could take away the fear,
I would be waiting your embrace. 


No comments: